This is a simple baked tofu recipe which was originally posted on the savvyvegetarian site. What stands out and really makes the dish is the marinade. This versatile dish can be served any number of ways. I like to serve it topped with some homemade marinara along with spaghetti squash and soybeans for sides.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes plus time to marinade
Cook Time: 30 to 40 minutes
1 pound firm Tofu
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
4 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoon minced fresh
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
fresh ground black pepper
2 teaspoons minced garlic
sliced green onions
Marinating the Tofu:
- Remove the tofu from the container and pat dry using several paper towels. Clean and reserve container. Line the container with clear plastic wrap.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade, except the green onions, and mix thoroughly in a bowl with a whisk.
- Cut tofu into 8 equal slices. Carefully arrange the tofu back into the plastic lined container. Separate each slice with several pieces of the green onion.
- Add the remainder of the green onion to the marinade and give that one last whisk. Pour or spoon marinade around the perimeter and between the slices of the tofu. There should be just enough marinade to completely cover the tofu without flowing over the edge of the container.
- Place the container in the refrigerator and let sit for at least an hour.
Baking the Tofu:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with Olive Oil and arrange the Tofu slices evenly. Spoon some marinade over the top of each and bake 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Turn over half way through the baking and spoon remaining marinade over the top of each.
- Broil for a few minutes if the Tofu isn't golden on both sides.
Here is the original recipe - Basic Baked Tofu.