After trying these fresh and home roasted, you may never want to eat a canned nut again!
As published in Southern Living, December 2010
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Makes: 2-1/2 Cups
2 cups warm water
1/2 cup sugar
2-1/2 cups Pecan halves
3 tablespoons kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together 2 cups warm water and 1/2 cup sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Soak Pecan halves in water mixture 10 minutes; drain well.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons kosher salt in a foil lined pan.
- Arrange pecans in a single layer in pan; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Toss Pecans in a strainer to remove excess salt, if desired.
Here is a link to the original post.