These Sliced Baked Sweet Potatoes were a fun and delicious accompaniment to the Ham dinner we had for Easter. Each potato is an individual serving and offers the pre-cut perfection of scalloped potatoes without the added fat and calories.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: about 45 minutes
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
2 to 3 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs or 2 teaspoons of dried herbs
I used a fresh blend of parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme
3 tablespoons grated sharp cheddar cheese
1-1/2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Peel potatoes and rinse them.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices but not all the way through.
- Put potatoes in a baking dish. Fan them slightly.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake potatoes for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake potatoes for another 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft inside. Check with a fork.
I found the original recipe in a box of cookbooks handed down to me from my Mother-In-Law. It was printed on a a recipe card and was being used as a book mark.
Here's another posting.