Rainbow Trout (also known as Steelhead Trout) is a species of salmonid native to tributaries of the Pacific Ocean in Asia and North America.
This recipe uses fresh dill and lemon but can be modified using another fresh herb instead.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
2 sides rainbow trout
1 lemon, sliced thin
1/2 bunch fresh dill
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Liberally salt and pepper both sides of trout.
- Place one side of trout in baking dish, skin side down.
- Place half the dill over trout, followed by slices of lemon, remaining half of dill, and then the remaining half of trout.
- Tie sides together with butcher's twine.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Roast for 15 minutes or to your liking.
Here is the original recipe by Dine Well.