This is a very simple way to prepare fall off the bone baby back ribs. These delicious ribs are prepared almost "hands-off". They are just as good - if not better - than any ribs I've bought out.
Prep Time: about 30 minutes
Total Time: about 7 hours
Servings: 6 to 9
3 racks of pork "baby back" ribs - about 2 pounds each
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup salt
1/8 cup brown sugar - dried
4 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
5 parts "K.C. Masterpiece" BBQ sauce, 1 part Honey
- Remove ribs from packaging, clean and pat dry. Be sure that the membrane on the inner (stomach) side is removed and that all excess fat has been trimmed.
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together. Leftover rub can be stored in a moisture proof container for future use.
- Sprinkle ribs about an hour before cooking with the rub and allow meat to come to room temperature. Do not over season. The spices should become a nice red liquid coating after sitting.
|A good overall dusting of the spices is all that you need.|
- Wrap the ribs in foil and cook at 200 degrees for 6 hours. After the first 4 hours, remove the aluminum foil and cook uncovered for the last 2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and turn up the heat to Broil.
- Generously sauce all sides of the ribs.
- Place sauced ribs back in the oven, meat side down.
- When sauce begins to bubble, flip the ribs and broil just until sauce bubbles again.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Here is the original post for the Best Ribs In The Universe.