Saturday, February 19, 2011

Influence #2 - Online Cooking School



I am guessing that I am like all Food Bloggers in that any conversation with me will find its way to food and cooking eventually.  It really doesn't matter what subject the initial conversation started on; if I'm at work or at play; even the time of the day...


I think I have always been intrigued with food and cooking.  It has only been in the last couple of years, however, that I have really taken a serious Interest in it.  As you can probably tell from the postings on this blog, I am for sure an amateur/novice cook who has a lot of fun in the kitchen.


I think what triggered it all was the Internet and my discovery of the "Video Recipe".  One day, after years of so and so results with written recipes, I stumbled across a video post for Stuffed and Rolled Pork Tenderloin.  Watching that video recipe transformed my whole understanding of cooking, and perhaps also transformed my life.  


For someone like me, who has never taken a culinary class, video recipes are "Gold".  They are my Number One Influence.  


My Number Two Influence is no doubt an online cooking school called Rouxbe.  This program has also had a transformative effect on my life and my cooking.  Like Video Recipes, these "Video Classes" have helped me to become a better and more confident cook.


I like the program so much, that I have become a Rouxbe Cooking School affiliate partner.  This allows me full access to the school and the videos and also allows me to share with you a full access, no-videos barred pass to their site.  All you have to do is go click over to the Rouxbe Online Cooking School from this Blog and redeem the 14-day Gift Membership.

Here are a few sample videos to give you an idea of what the program offers:
Recipe Links:


Here is a video I looked at today called the Basics of Plating.  I will never look at or prepare a Plate of food the same ever again!


Here is a link to Chef John's Video Recipe Blog Foodwishes.  The Original and the Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...